Keep in your mind...

Since I am building my blog whenever I have free time, and adding each movie takes time, each time you come back to my blog, you will see more and more movies with richer context. At the moment, there are 68 robbery movies in the blog, while many others, including the latest heist movies, are waiting to be added. So make sure that you note down my blog address or click the button to be a 'follower' and come back.

And please don't hesitate to vote for the polls and share your opinions to encourage my work.

Saturday 20 August 2011

Pink Panther (1963)

Directed by Blake Edwards
Starred David Niven, Peter Sellers, Robert Wagner, Capucine, Claudia Cardinale…
1963, United States, English


Here is one of the top caper movies of all time. Considered as a classic and one of the best caper movies.

The movie focuses on characters more than robbery itself. If you like caper movies, humoristic heist movies, you might enjoy it very much. If you are slapstick comedy fan, the fans of the genres say it is one of the best. I, as a person who isn’t fond of slapstick comedies, have to say it is far away from being one my favorite movies. But, as a Pink Panther cartoon’s fan, I can easily say that it was one of the best opening credits I have ever seen though. Ah, and I almost forgot; the movie has a very controversial final, which I disliked, that some audiences say they almost fell in love with the movie until they saw the final and hated right after it, while many of others say they didn’t mind it.

The movie won an Oscar for Best Music, Score. Won a BAFTA for Best British Actor (Sellers). Peter Sellers won another award in Golden Globes for Best Motion Picture Actor in a Musical / Comedy. In brief, the movie proves its strength comedy wise.

To see the whole blog, please click here.



If you look for;
a classic comedy heist
a caper movie
a good slapstick movie
a movie focuses on characters more than the heist


then this is your movie.

***

If you liked this movie, I believe you might like also:
(available in the blog)

The Ladykillers (2004)
I soliti ignori / Big Deal on Madonna Street (1958)

*** 

Degree: Caper Movie
Sub-Category: Jewelry Robbery
Excellence of Robbery Plan: 2/5
Originality of Robbery Plan: 1/5
Quality of Robbery Action Scenes: 2/5
Actors' Performances: 3/5
Excitement Level: 1/5
Surprise Level: 1/5
Humor Level: 2/5
Originality of the Story in General: 1/5
Rating As A Robbery/Heist Movie: 1/5
Rating the Movie As A Whole: 1/5

Important Reminder: Below trailer might contain important spoilers.

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to share your comments, they will absolutely encourage me :)
You can submit your comment also as Anonymous. But after submitting, the page will be reloaded and will ask you for word verification. In the other case, your comment won't appear :(