Keep in your mind...

Since I am building my blog whenever I have free time, and adding each movie takes time, each time you come back to my blog, you will see more and more movies with richer context. At the moment, there are 68 robbery movies in the blog, while many others, including the latest heist movies, are waiting to be added. So make sure that you note down my blog address or click the button to be a 'follower' and come back.

And please don't hesitate to vote for the polls and share your opinions to encourage my work.

Saturday 17 September 2011

Trespass (2011)

Directed by Joel Schumacher
Starred Nicolas Cage, Nicole Kidman, Ben Mendelsohn, Liana Liberato, Cam Gigandet, Jordana Spiro, Dash Mihok ...
2011, United States, English.


 
What is your biggest fear? Somebody breaks in, when you are at home? Well, this movie is directly based on one of your biggest fears.

We have two stars in the cast, Nicolas Cage and Nicole Kidman. Some armed men break in to steal from you. So we have enough ingredients for a potentially great heist movie. But. Something doesn't work. I don't know if it is lack of chemistry between actors, exaggerated chain of events, logical errors or overdosed action, but I found myself in a hard time to finish the movie. Not bad, but disappointing. Director Joel Schumacher maybe knows how to make an action, but maybe he couldn't arrange the dose this time?

The actor's performance something I really disliked (with the exception of Liana Liberato), very poor in my opinion. It was also rumored that Nicolas Cage insisted on switching the roles from Kidman's husband to kidnapper, but the next day he resumed his role as husband. I like one thing about the movie though: Playing with our perception regarding one of the character. It fooled me for sure. It is especially surprising when considering poor actings.

In general I say 'No Trespass'. It became one of my biggest fears for heist movies :). The movie hasn't received very good public critics either, but it is also matter of tastes, so you might enjoy it. At least one of the latest heist movies in the video-markets.

To see the whole blog, click here.



If you look for;

one location heist
  a movie fully focused on the robbery
character studies
full of action

then this is your movie.

***

If you liked this movie, I believe you might like also:
(available in the blog)

Firewall (2006)
Flypaper (2011)
Armored (2009)

If you liked this movie, imdb believes you might like also:
(available in the blog)

Le Premier Cercle/Inside Ring/Ultimate Heist (2009)
Flypaper (2011)

*** 

Degree: Pure Theft Movie
Sub-Category: Safe Robbery
Excellence of Robbery Plan: 2/5
Originality of Robbery Plan: 1/5
Quality of Robbery Action Scenes: 3/5
Actors' Performances: 1/5
Excitement Level: 2/5
Surprise Level: 2/5
Humor Level: 0/5
Originality of the Story in General: 2/5
Rating As A Robbery/Heist Movie: 2/5
Rating the Movie As A Whole: 2/5

Important Reminder: Below trailer might contain important spoilers.

 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't hesitate to share your comments, they will absolutely encourage me :)
You can submit your comment also as Anonymous. But after submitting, the page will be reloaded and will ask you for word verification. In the other case, your comment won't appear :(